Monday, March 16, 2009

the wiz drama

Hey, me again! Your friendly neighbourhood Schwa! Ever have one of those days where it's kind of going slow until someone (Yes Zed I mean you) barges in and tells you, you have huge plans that night and better help around the house because even though you won't be home, The house needs to be clean. Well guess what! yesterday was one of those days. Not that that's always a bad thing but I'm sitting at the computer and my sister bursts in and yells; "We're going to see the wizard of oz tonight at the NAC and you have to clean your room and the kitchen(the kitchen hasn't been cleaned in a few days) and come with me and dad to get groceries!" So my nine year old sister aka Zed starts dragging me around town shopping, then gets me to clean the kitchen for her and I'm sitting there going "wait, what?" Lucky for me Persephone has begun her ascent to mt. Olympus (I hope) because signs of spring are definitely apparent so running around all day wasn't that bad, in fact I was doing fine, a little rushed but fine. That is until my mom comes in and tells us to get ready to go to the NAC quickly because we have to leave soon. I was on my way up stairs when she turns around and utters the terrible phrase "Oh and Schwa, don't wear jeans..."That my friends, Is when I had a total wardrobe meltdown. I'm sure you don't want to hear about my petty struggles to find a way to look good when I eliminate half of my clothes but I need to vent so deal with it. The dress was easy enough to find and it looked good but my leggings were missing and my shoes were ugly and my hair needed to be straightened in a bad way and I was sitting there freaking out thinking "Wish Sybil and flirt were here, They would know how to help." By the end of it all I looked ok except my shoes were still ugly and I was on the verge of tears. Quick note: If none of you can understand what I'm talking about, It's because I'm typing at like a mile an hour so don't worry about about it. When we finally got to the NAC, I knew my meltdown was well worth it. We had AMAZING seats, like, 20 rows away from the stage and the three rows in front of use were empty so we had a perfect view! WE got there minutes before the play began so we didn't have to wait long for the lights to dim and the show to start.There are 5 things I realized about the wizard of oz
1. I love the wizard of oz! play, movie, whatever! Always have and always will! I used to watch it 700000 times back to back when I was 5... then I got a life but I still love it! (Flirt you said you saw it, did you adore it? Also I thought Sybil would have really liked it what do you think? I was I could have brought you guys along!) 2.OMFG! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE SCARECROW!!! HE'S TOTALLY MINE!!! Omg he's such a scuttle! (little mermaid reference for those of you that didn't catch that) He has a tap number and crows for gulls and he does tumbles and doesn't have a brain and AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I love him!
3. In case you didn't already know, everyone in the real world in Dorothy's life has a place in oz ; Auntie Em is Glinda the good witch of the north, Uncle Henry is the doorman/ guard person dude at emerald city, Dr. Marvel, is the wizard of Oz, the three barn hands Hickory, Zeke and Hunk were (in that order) tin man, lion and scarecrow, the munchkins were the farmers, poor helpless and ruled by flying monkey( the politicians. no joke.) and of course the wicked witch of the west.
4. Dorothy was totally in love with the guy who became scarecrow! They kept singling each other out in such discreet yet totally obvious ways. Also people kept leaving them together alone on stage. The writter obviously did it on purpose because he made the scarecrow say like 1 million times " I would do anything to help you Dorothy" or " What about Dorothy, we need to help her first." and even "Pull yourself together and do this for Dorothy". Soo sweet... and even at the end when dorothy gets back to Kansas, the two people she most wants to see are Auntie Em and Scarecrow and as soon as she sees him, she hugs him for like half an hour. After all, the guys name is hunk...
5. Wow, I just realised, we should totally do the wiz for acting next year! I'll have to ask Genna ! Genna who? When I get around to bloging about my family and friends, I'll let you know
may the gods be with you,
The schwa was here

5 comments:

  1. Yes i did love it.(adore it). Syb. would totally love it to. start writting about your march break..I'm updating now.So there is going to be about two or three blogs to read for mine..I love your blog though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you love my blog! I would read yours but my computer won't let me...:( Do you agree with me about Dorothy and scarecrow though? The schwa was here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i wish id gone to see it!!!! :( and trsut me if i would have been there no friken problem id just call on darkness and poof! your AWESOME lol sad hall refrence!
    and its about friken time demmeter gets happy im flippin cold. and in montreal her powers havent reached but here its starting to warm up yay persephone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh emm gee i just thought of something!!!!!! maybe the scarecrow got a labotomy!!!! gasp! he probably did. damn governement.
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lobotemy not labotomy gosh Sybil,
    LOL!

    ReplyDelete