Monday, May 4, 2009

Random weekends to random dreams...

Schwa here! I was going to blog about my week of insane music but Sybil describe it better than me so I'm going to tell you about my week end and my super crazy weird dream!
My Saturday was pretty standard, I woke up and got ready for my acting at the little mermaid. We tried to run through a lot of musical number but I spent most of the time in Rob's room recording "Kiss the girl" and "Positoovity" I got down stairs and we ran the last two numbers over, Positoovity and under the sea. Genna then had a (I don't know words to describe it other than) "Almost complete and total meltdown". She told us that we knew this stuff, that we HAD to know this stuff by know and if you read my last blog "Teardrops Keep falling on my life" you would know that she told us she was leaving. I was even close to tears at the end of it. she chewed us up and spat us back out and I felt like every comment was directed only at me, then, as we were all leaving , Genna hugged me and said "thank you for all your hard work to pull this play together."
I was in cold shock for the rest of the day, then my dads friend Phil Vonfinkenstein (sorry if I spelt that wrong) comes over with his wife and five kids! we pretty much colored and watched Hotel for Dogs to keep them occupied for three hours (the oldest is twelve the youngest is two)

Sunday was hectic to say the least. At noon when I finally finished cleaning up the markers from the night before, I had to rush to merivale High school to play a tribute to Steve Maclean. It went on for hours, What went on? the ceremony, the talking the singing the awards, I wanted to get out of there ASAP, it was cramped,there wasn't enough stands and the trombone slide of the girl behind me was popping out above my right shoulder every seven seconds. AS soon as we finished playing, I rushed out and called my dad to take me to Rob's for a photo shoot. As it was, I got there four hours late and my costume was so weird, I can't describe it on paper!

That night, I had a really weird dream, I mean, I usually have pretty strange dreams, if I can remember them but this one was really strange, also very detailed. I wouldn't bother blogging about it but Sybil wasn't at school today so I want her to hear it... ( you don't have to read it and I forgot a few details but it's all in there some where. Be warned, it's kind of long)

I was somehow in ancient Sparta (that's in Greece by the way) standing in the middle of a busy street, for some reason, I was wearing black legging, skirt and top along with black eyeliner and I looked wicked possest (you get what I mean) people were rushing by in white greek tunics and togas, not paying me any attention but one boy about my height, (which I found surprising), walked up and introduced himself " Hi, I'm Kostas, I haven't seen you around here before."
"Oh, I'm not from here"
"Where are you from then?"
"Ottawa."
"Ottawa?" he puzzeled
"ya In Canada"
"canada, is that near Athens?"
"No, it's far from here"I said kind of whistfully,
"Oh no, we've got to Hide!" His voice sounded urgent and he pushe dme into an alley." What are those, on your legs?" He puzzeled, noticing the leggings for the first time.
Oh, these are leggings,"
"Legging?" again, I had to explain what leggings and skirts were. When I was finally done I asked him. "Pardon but what year is it?"
"why, it's the year of Athena!"
"The year of Athena?"
"yes! It's hard to explain but... Okay. I'm on my 14th year. How old are you?"
"13..,why?"
"THat Means you're on your 14th year too!" he explained "You were born in the year of Athena then"
"Wait, there are fourteen years but only twelve olympian gods, who are the other two years for?"
" one for hestia, she gave up her throne but we still pay her tribute, and one for the king and queen of the underworld, needless to say, It's not a happy year..."
"Hey, just because they rule the underworld, doesn't make them evil!" I snap at him
"Says the girl who looks like she came from the underworld herself."
"Hey that's an insult..... Remind me again, why we're standing in an alley." I ask.
"Oh right, we have to get you out of here, the testing is,(he starts counting on his fingers.) Tomorro and father, he leads the military, has spent the last en years killing anyone who wasn't born in Sparta! He'd track you down in no time!" he said snapping back into reality,
"Nice guy," I retort
"oh yes, he tends to kill people when he's in a bad mood, I can get in and out of the house in seven seconds without being seen.... Okay, three posible ways to save you, we could hide you under ground, but that would take countless days and be hard for you to find food, you could flee the town but you don't know the area and would probably get lost... I've got it! I'll flee with you. "
"Remind me again, why are you helping me." I asked, he of course ignored the question.
" Don't move! well, if you see a guard, hide but other than that don't move!" he cried running off. he was bach seconds later with two bags, he passed me one.
"This has food and a girls tunic. You'd better put it on, if people see you like that, they'll call in the military." he said, I put the tunic on over my clothes. Kostas gave me a dreamy look.
"What?" I demanded
"Nothing, I didn't catch your name..."
"It's Athena," (I sometimes have weird names in dreams)
"Athena! It's the year of Athena, You were born in the year of Athena! It's a sign!" He yelled to the sky. " That's it, we're going to Athens! come on, we need to sneak out of the south end of the city, defence is low."
"Wait, so we're going to WALK to Athens!"
"Until, I get a better idea, yes."
As we snuck out of the city I whispered, I wish I had my trumpet. I then had to explain what a trumpet was, then what brass was, then what metal was. When I was finally done, Kostas said some thing to me in greek, I later found out it meant "thank you smart one."
for thenext part of my dream, he started calling me names in greek, smart one, brave one, talented one and when I asked him to cut it out with the greek, spazy one!

So that's my insanely long dream you probably didn't care about.

The schwa was here!

6 comments:

  1. OH MY GOD THAT WASA AWESOME!! just like you lol! omg now for part 2 :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dream-very amusing
    I liked the part where you called him spazzy one
    Anyways that Genna person seems just a tad strange- freaking out at you then hugging u!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...i love the dream.....strange boy..i could totally see him as apollo or maybe hermes

    ReplyDelete
  4. honey its been almost 3 months since you last updated. please?? whats going on with you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Schwa! :]
    long time no talk, sorta; anyways... how are things? oh if you dont know who i am, go to my blog and read my profile thing; should give you a good description! the over-analytical girl who writes..and has changed DRAMATICALLY in the past few months.. you'd hardly recognize me. if complicated.. but anyways! ill follow you"]

    ReplyDelete